Re: New to GNUStep

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: New to GNUStep
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:35:46 +0800

[snipped..]
> Well… I would add one option which is to port Camino to GNUstep, Camino
> is just roughly Firefox written with Cocoa, but because it uses the
> Mozilla core it relies on Obj-C++, then the possibility to port it
> depends on GCC. Anyway when FSF GCC will support Obj-C++, I think it
> would be the best option because Camino works very well, is fast and
> fully compliant with web standards like Firefox, unless you want to
> write a radically new web browser…

[snipped...]

Im more inclined to write one using objc and reusing some c components
from other projects like amaya.

Even if its xhtml-only. Otherwise forget it. Better focus on
application specific protocols thats easier to support than html.
Maybe using renaissance-xml and a message oriented middleware like DO.

--
Blood is thicker than water... and much tastier
                                           John Davidorff Pell