Re: New to GNUStep

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: New to GNUStep
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:17:47 +0100 (MET)

> Hello,
> Now my question is, are there any "easy-to-do" jobs to help with GNUStep
> and learn more about GNUStep?

One way would be to sit down and start programming ;-)
Install 'Gorm' and play with it. Take a small GNOME or KDE program
you once wrote and 'port' it to GNUstep. Use your favourite IRC
client and join #GNUstep on irc.gnustep.org to talk to others about
your experience.

> One thing I would be particullarly interested in is to see a webbrowser
> for GNUStep.

I wouldn't call a web browser "easy-to-do"... ;-)

> Are there any other interesting things a newbie to GNUStep could to and
> which?

Port Apple's Chess. That would be greatly appreciated, I guess.

Also take a look at http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/ApplicationWishlist
There's a slew of (porting) requests...

--
Chris

--
+++ Sparen Sie mit GMX DSL +++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
AKTION für Wechsler: DSL-Tarife ab 3,99 EUR/Monat + Startguthaben