ANN: ImageApps status

From: Fabien VALLON
Subject: ANN: ImageApps status
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:28:50 +0100

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce new releases of the image apps project,
containing major improvements.

What's new  ?

Preview 0.7.5 :
* Preview display checkered background with alpha images
* Fixed Window size when image is bigger than the screen
* When the image is bigger than the window you can move
around the image into the window...

SlideShow 0.3 :
* New cache system using D.O.
* You can "mark" images
* You can use services with the browser ( to archive you marked images for example ..)
* You can recursively parse a directory to find images
* You can open images/directory from services (from File Manager ...)
* Added a timer to Play/stop the slide show
* Lot of bugs fixed and code cleaned up
* New general  Preference

Pixen for GNUstep 0.1 ( www.opensword.org/Pixen )
* Updated lot of gorm files
* Remove many preproc...
* Cleaned up PXBackgroundController and remove hardcode paths
* Cleaned up PXColorPalette*  and remove hardcode paths
* Cleaned up PXAbouPalette*
* Cleaned up Main Menu and have Right/left Tools properties working
* Added Layer Panel
* Backgrounds can be displayed now
* Grid Settings is mostly working

GNUstep lacks NSReadPixel support, it would be nice is someone would
 find the time to implement it ...

Stefan is quite busy these days. I will try to commit some small fixes for ViewPDF
before the next release.

Camera & CameraKit is orphaned.
We received patches but we are looking for maintainers.

You can download all applications and frameworks at:
http://home.gna.org/gsimageapps/

Bug-reports, suggestions and patches are always welcome (as well as
sucess-stories)

           Fabien, Stefan