Setting NSString default encoding

From: Y. J. Chun
Subject: Setting NSString default encoding
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:49:54 +0900

Hello.

Is there any way you set default encoding used in NSString to any specific
encoding I want? I don't want any unicode support or encoding conversion
converting to and from Cstring. So I thought I might use
NSNonLossyASCIIStringEncoding (not sure what is different this one with
NSISOLatin1StringEncoding)

Apple doc says it is not possible programmatically change the default
encoding but how about in GNUstep?

Thanks.

--
Y. J. Chun <yjchun (at) mac dot com>