Re: ANN: GNUstep Configuration Guide

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep Configuration Guide
Date: 17 Nov 2004 09:56:20 GMT

Dennis Leeuw <dleeuw@made-it.com> wrote:
> At http://gnustep.made-it.com/ you'll find the Configuration Guide.
> Currently it is an early draft version. The reason I released it is
> because I feel the Color section is almost complete and I would like
> some input on it's contents.

Wow! This guide looks really useful. Is defaults the preferred way to
set these options still, or is there a friendlier tool that I can use?

One thing I've never understood: can I set system-wide defaults, so that
new users don't need to configure everything themselves if they don't
want to?

On a small presentation note: can you set a text colour when you set a
background colour, please? The defaults write commands seem like a solid
block of white to me until I tell my browser to ignore page colours.

Thanks!