Confused about GnuStep capabilities

From: bazad
Subject: Confused about GnuStep capabilities
Date: 07 Nov 2004 14:06:37 -0800

I am running FreeBSD 5.3-RC1 and I just installed GnuStep.
I am running KDE.

I start GWorkspace and get an icon.  It seems to have a menu
associated with it.  The problem with the menu is that it is difficult
to understand how it works.  I don't mean I don't understand menu
items.  It is just that sometimes submenus don't show up.  I spent a
lot of time trying to get menu shown after I hided it.  Basically, the
main icon is always on top, but I have to click on desktop and then
double click on icon to get menu back.

Then I start ProjectCenter and it seems to start, but again menu seems
to be unpredictable.  I created application project. I tried to
compile it and compilation failed.  I went to xterm and got it
compiled by just typing gmake.  When I started sample application it
displayed a icon and nothing more.  But I've got error messages:

        Unable to obtain time zone 'PST'...
        NSData.m: 153 file opend (....objects.gorm) -- no such file
               or directory
        Failed to load Nib
        Cannot load the main model file 'LearnGnuStep.gorm'

On the side note.  If I want to create console application, which
project type is it?  It would be good to find a description of all
project types.