Re: Critical Patches to existing releases...

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Critical Patches to existing releases...
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 21:01:30 -0700

On Nov 2, 2004, at 11:29 AM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

We need a mechanism to make it easier for distributing patches to the existing release. I would like to create a patch for the NSStepperCell fix so that users can download it from someplace without confusion. It was suggested that the patch manager on savannah should be used for this, but that system is used only for patches from contributors for consideration by maintainers. This is
a patch from a maintainer (me) which needs to be applied under certain
circumstances.

By Critical Patch, I mean any bug which can be called a "show stopper". We
shouldn't do this for every trifling little bug. :)

There's a 'support' section on the projects page as well. I think it might be for people who want help with something, but I think all that should go on Bugs anyway. Perhaps we could change the focus of Support to late breaking patches and news, etc.