WindowMaker theme for GNUstep?

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: WindowMaker theme for GNUstep?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 04:19:09 +0200

Hi,

 WindowMaker has some nice looks. Especially the gradients in the main
menu (I almost wrote menu bar ... oops) look rather nice, and the
gradients in the button tiles as well.

 So, I was wondering, with WM being the recommended window manager for
GNUstep anyway, would it be possible to maybe make GNUstep's menu
drawing code use the same code and settings as WM? WM's highlighting and
gradients just look gorgeous, and GNUstep in comparison looks a little
out of place.

 I know that some people here are very fond of the NeXT look, but I
think by adding a few gradients and ensuring the shadows and highlights
aren't overly sharp (the way WM does it), GNUstep would look sleek and
elegant enough to compete with the flashier themes out there, while not
being as gaudy and CPU-intensive as some of the stuff that ships with
KDE and GNOME.

Just thinking,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de