Re: What backend should be the default now on -nix?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: What backend should be the default now on -nix?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:28:07 +0200

Alex Perez wrote:

Consider this my vote /for/ default-on AA fonts in xlib, assuming freetype is there.

Ok, I will change this line of code and also the documentation for the user default, when I find time for it. (Hint: You could be fast than me on this!)

By the way, what's the patch you haven't applied?

This was a speed hack for XFT font display by Derek Zhou, which needs some cleanup or perhaps a complete rewrite. I can send it to you if you are really interested.

Cheers
Fred