Re: GNUstep Icons Effort : you can help !

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: GNUstep Icons Effort : you can help !
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:55:22 -0700 (PDT)

See below...

--- Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As explained in our previous post about this subject
> (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2004-08/
> msg00215.html), we want to improve the current state of gnustep icons
> -- as we believe icons play an important role in the perception of an
> environment by users.

.... <snippage> ....

> first results are quite nice). His estimation for the whole set of
> icons is around $1500. Note that the icons will be released under the
> Free Art licence (http://artlibre.org/licence.php/lalgb.html).

Since these icons will be distributed with GPL or LGPL software, it seems the
most prudent choice to make certain that the license os the icons is the same
as the software they're distrubuted with.

Is there any objection to releasing them under the LGPL?   So long as it's okay
to redistribute them as part of a GNU project (e.g. GNUstep), I don't see any
problem.   I just want to make sure we're covering all of the bases here. :)

I've seen some examples of the quality of the icons and I am impressed.  At
some point it would be nice to have a new icon for Gorm as I am not really
enamoured of the current one, but I, unfortunately, lack the artistic talent to
create a really nice new one.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A Maryland Corporation)
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.