Re: AW: PrefPanes for GNUstep

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: AW: PrefPanes for GNUstep
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:49:02 +0200

In article <mailman.4834.1098543061.2017.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 "Chris B. Vetter" <cbv@gmx.net> wrote:

> I did. KoAppKit has/had a PreferencePane looking similar to
> the one on Next/Openstep. In addition to the usual stuff
> you can add and remove a preference 'on the fly' (without
> changing the order of all remaining preferences).

 Oh, you mean for application-specific preference panes?

 Well, okay, that's something entirely different, I guess. Apple's
NSPreferencePane is a plugin for the "System Preferences" application,
which is basically the central Control Panel for MacOS X. If you install
daemons or kernel extensions, they often do their configuration using a
.prefPane bundle. That's what my GSSystemPreferences stuff is for.

 Since most such extensions are mainly repackaged Unix tools with a
Cocoa GUI slapped on top, I thought it would be very easy to port those
to GNUstep once NSPreferencePane was available.

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer
http://www.zathras.de