Re: Building gui and back on Windows

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Re: Building gui and back on Windows
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:25:18 +0200

Hello,

Don't try to build this stuff yourself. It will make you want to commit suicide.

I am already close to this. Thanks for the hint.

Instead, just go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/ and download the following binaries:

libpng-1.2.5-1-bin.zip
libpng-1.2.5-1-dep.zip
libpng-1.2.5-1-lib.zip
libjpeg-6b-1.zip
tiff-3.6.1-2-bin.zip
tiff-3.6.1-2-dep.zip
tiff-3.6.1-2-lib.zip
libxml2-2.4.12-bin.zip
libxml2-2.4.12-1-lib.zip
zlib-1.2.1-1-bin.zip
zlib-1.2.1-1-lib.zip

Okay, I unzipped these and copied the contents of XXX/lib to /mingw/lib and the contents of XXX/include to /mingw/include. I guess that's how these packages are supposed to be installed. I then retried to make gui which failed. It was missing gif_lib.h. Larry indicated that libungif was required so I also downloaded libungif-4.1.0b1-bin.zip and copied

libungif-static.a libungif.a libungif.lib

to /mingw/lib. However, this package does not include any header files. I therefore also downloaded libungif-4.1.0b1-src.zip and copied ../src/lib/gif_lib.h to /mingw/include. I then retried building gui again getting an error. This time

.../gif_lib.h:295 conflicting types for 'DrawTextA'; previous declaration in .../winuser.h:2979

I also tried to build the libungif sources on my own, without success. Hmm?! How did you folks get this working?

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Andreas