Re: Other Langs

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: Other Langs
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 21:44:06 +0200

Am Montag, 04.10.04 um 03:44 Uhr schrieb Arich Chanachai:

Alex Perez wrote:

Arich Chanachai wrote:

How hard is it to implement other languages for GNUStep?

It's not too hard, there's a Java bridge (JIGS), a Ruby bridge (RIGS), a Python bridge (PyObjC), and probably a few others I don't know of.

How do they measure up to their DotNet counterparts? Why would I use GNUStep instead of DotNet or Java?

Maybe because you might want to use the original and not the copycat:

http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/seanl/stuff/java-objc.html