Re: CVS, GWorkspace.app and app wrappers

From: Charles Phlip Chan
Subject: Re: CVS, GWorkspace.app and app wrappers
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:49:05 -0400

On 30 Sep 2004, enrico@imago.ro wrote:

> The first problem (the wrappers) is not GWorkspace related; I've not
> changed anything there. And I suppose that Charles means that he has
> updated the libraries, not gw.

Yes, it is the libs and not GWorkspace.app's fault- I downgraded
GWorkspace.app to 0.6.5 for testing with the same results. :-(

Enrico, the GWorkspace.app in cvs is looking very nice. The "show
menu" is very interesting, however I still think a "list view" ala
Workspace.app would be nice. Also, I think implimenting the following
will make GWorkspace.app even better:

(1) Annotations for files and be able to search by it. This is the
    main reason why I am still using TKdesk as my main file manager.

(2) Colourisation of files by user defined catagories ala finder.app.

(3) A PS inspector.

(4) Use "magic numbers" to determine file type if there is no
    extension. I use Emacs-wiki extensively, thus I have a lot of text
    files with no extensions- it would be nice to be able to preview
    them in the "content inspector". Also, IMHO I think the text
    inpector should be turned on for other types of text based files
    with no "content inspector" yet, such as html and tex.

Charles

--
Avoid the Gates of Hell.  Use Linux
(Unknown source)