NSControl question

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: NSControl question
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:59:41 +0200

Hi all,

I just fixed a problem in my application that turned out to be caused by a difference in the behaviour of Cocoa and GNUstep. In the class NSControl we have

- (void) setObjectValue: (id)anObject
{
  NSCell *selected = [self selectedCell];

   [self abortEditing]; // <---------- what is this good for

  [selected setObjectValue: anObject];
  if (![selected isKindOfClass: actionCellClass])
    [self setNeedsDisplay: YES];
}

If I tab from one textField to another one then the second textField after getting its editor gets a setObjectValue: by my control association. This causes the editor to be removed again (--> bad). Cocoa sees no nessecity to remove the editor in setObjectValue: After removing this line on GNUstep my app worked as expected. However, I am wondering whether this leads to any other problems.

Any idea what this line is good for?

Thanks,

  Andreas