Windows development and deployment

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Windows development and deployment
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:34:20 +0200

Hi,

Is it possible to create a MS Windows development environment for
GNUstep on a Linux machine? What do I need (wine? GCC cross compiler?)
and how it works? Has anyone an experience?

What I want is an environment where I can build, test and package
Windows binaries of GNUstep apps/frameworks so I do not have to reboot
to Windows.

In addition, I am preparing a proposal for quite large Objective-C user
group which is not yet using GNUstep. As their current solution works on
windows (with Cygwin+Tcl/Tk for GUI) they will surely want to know how
is it with GNUstep and Windows. Therefore my question is, what are
nearest windows related plans/commits/releases planed in GNUstep? Note
that in this case the look and native windows feel of GNUstep apps is
not as important as usability and kind-of-acceptable stability.

Thanks,

Stefan
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi