Re: Text label mis-sizing / clipping

From: Pablo Di Noto
Subject: Re: Text label mis-sizing / clipping
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:39:53 -0300

One minor annoyance I've experienced on GNUstep so far is the fact that text labels often cut off the text they contain. See attached shots of Gorm's palette panel (note "Switc" on left, and "CustomVie" on lower right) and GWorkspace's preferences panel ("Nam", "Owne") for example. Almost every app shows this bug somewhere. For a while I just thought I had something misconfigured on my system, but I've now seen similar cases in many screenshots on the web, in tutorials, etc..

Funny that I noticed that long time ago, and though it was my setup.

BTW, the screenshot in the homepage (http://www.gnustep.org/images/full-screenshot1.png) shows clearly the problem described...

Regards,
///Pablo