Re: System fonts

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: System fonts
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:21:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Rob Burns wrote:

> On 2004-08-25 00:44:12 +0700 MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
> > I really think the default font should be FreeSans.
Disagree. The solution is glyph substitution.

> If GNUstep supported falling back to a different font if a glyph was
> unavailable in the current (default) font, the choice would be less
> important.
Insert my vote for this here. This is long overdue, and while it's not a
problem for latin-script-using foo's, everyone else (like Rob, here, who
wants to see Japanese and Thai fonts at the same time, or me) who wants to
use non-latin scripts along with latin ones. Historically, most Japanese
fonts have had horrid latin glyphs, for instance...

> my .02
it's .04 now :)

> Rob (who's had a hard time finding a reasonable font that contains
> both Thai and Japanese glyphs)

Alex Perez