Re: Proliferation of IconKits?

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Proliferation of IconKits?
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:27:08 +0200

Le 20 août 04, à 21:24, M. Uli Kusterer a écrit :

Hi everybody, especially Quentin,

Hi Uli,

 there are at least three frameworks for Cocoa/GNUstep out there called
IconKit. Would it be a good idea to rename the official GNUstep icon kit
Quentin is working on? My suggestions would be:

   FileIconKit
   WorkspaceIconKit
   IconCompositingKit

Anyone have better names? Yes IconKit would probably be best, but I
think this early on, we might as well just avoid any problems by
choosing an unused name. That way, if someone comes up with a
compatibility GNUstep IconKit for Cocoa, they won't have naming trouble.

 But it's just a suggestion.

Not sure, but I have done some search with Google and there are only one programming framework called IconKit, the other stuff which more or less includes the words "Icon" and "Kit" are not related to development, precisely talking are not even called exactly IconKit. The previously quoted IconKit framework is OpenStep related (Deek told me that first) and is no more in use, then I think it is ok to use IconKit denomination for our project.

Anyway if people really think we should rename this framework, may be something like CoreIconKit or IconicKit could be ok.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr