Re: GNUstep.sh / env sanity patches

From: John Davidorff Pell
Subject: Re: GNUstep.sh / env sanity patches
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:08:14 -0700

On 19 Aug 2004, at 14:38, discuss-gnustep-request@gnu.org wrote:
On 2004-08-19 16:59:19 -0400 John Davidorff Pell <johnpell@mac.com> wrote:
:-/ The only people who want to be able to change the GNUstep installation
directory after build is packagers who need to roll out an installation into a
semi-arbitrary location. If the /user/ has to re-compile to install it in a different
location, then this defeats your whole argument.

... but if packagers need to do it, then the ability needs to be there still.

I don't understand. A packager should use $DSTROOT so that $PREFIX is still the same place, not to mention that with relative paths this does not matter.

JP

--
"To me consensus seems to be: the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects." -- Margaret Thatcher