Re: NSFileWrapper compatibilty Cocoa/GNUstep

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSFileWrapper compatibilty Cocoa/GNUstep
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:50:26 +0200

Andreas Hoeschler wrote:

I want to create an NSData instance from a directory with a Cocoa app and reconstruct (writeToFile:) this directory from this data with a GNUstep app (and vice versa). Normally I would use NSFileWrapper and seriaizedRepresentation for this. However, the formats are not compatible. Any suggestions?

The serialisation code of NSFileWrapper still has the FIXME comment in it, that I put there, when the class was implemented four years ago. So if you want a MacOSX compatiple implementation just go for it. Or if you don't have the time for it, provide a detailed description on how Apple serialises the different object types for this class and maybe somebody takes up this task.

Cheers
Fred