Re: GNUstep and Cocoa#???

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: GNUstep and Cocoa#???
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:34:12 -1000

I don't see the use for such a thing.  At least not yet.
But consider an example of what come in the future:

Let's say we would like an app with similar functionality to a non-trivial and very popular GNOME app. Instead of writing it from the ground up we could use that app's "Model" classes and tie it to our own homegrown "View" and "Controller" classes. Currently, something like that may be possible with the GIMP, I don't know and it's not really the point of my email anyhow.

Anyhow, if this GNOME app was written in C# and had an extensive set of well-written model classes we could use, something like this could be an advantage.

Chad