Re: app wrappers and gworkspace

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Re: app wrappers and gworkspace
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:46:42 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Sascha Erni, .rb" <rb@nggalai.com>
> Raffael Herzog is working on a wrapper-aid program which should be
> released shortly as a public beta. I've been using various
> incarnations of the thing for some months, now, and it works just fine
> for me albeit with some stability issues that keep its release back.
>
> Still, creating a comprehensive wrapper for, say, Gimp (with all
> filetypes associated) takes about 2 minutes, all via GUI and
> drag-and-drop.

That's not the way to do it. GNUstep should not have to act
differently than other desktop environments in this respect. We
should use the files in /usr/share/applications, using on the
FreeDesktop specifications, to get information. Why should we have to
almost reinstall all the apps we want to use just to get them from
GWorkspace?

Christopher Culver