Re: BMP Image support

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: BMP Image support
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:03:06 +0200

Karsten Fuhrmann wrote:
> Hello,
> lately i was trying to open a BMP file by using NSBitmapRepresentation
> but then i discovered that there no BMP support in GNUstep.
> My question is, should bmp support be integrated into GNUstep or should
> i do that in my own program.

There's no principle reason why -gui couldn't handle BMP in addition to
the other formats it currently supports. Patches to implement
NSBitmapImageRep+BMP are welcome. :) NSBitmapImageRep+PNM.[mh] is
probably the best place to start.

If we start getting lots of bitmap loaders, or loaders with
dependencies,

- Alexander Malmberg