Re: Interface parser

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: Interface parser
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:20:08 +0200

On 2004-07-26 17:02:33 +0200 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk>
wrote:

On 26 Jul 2004, at 15:56, stefan@agentfarms.net wrote:

Hello,

There are projects parsing Objective-C header files, such as autodoc, gorm or perhaps others not known. I would like to ask, if there is one that can I use to query list of instance variables from header files? It does not have to be
idiot-proof, it just have to accept decent source code.

I want to get list of variables + their types. Best thing would be to be able to
get additional information, perhaps present in comments after each variable.

Can be existing conde extracted from those projects and reused as stand-alone
parser class? Does anyone have exact pointers to where I should look?

The AGSParser class from autogsdoc (base/Tools) probably does what you want
(as well as a lot of other stuff you most likely don't want), extracting information into a property-list. You can call -parseFile:isSource: to do this, then examine the
property list returned.

Thank you! I'll try to do something with it. Perhaps I'll try to implement
light-weighted Objective-C parser framework.

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi