Re: Problems Using NSForms with Gorm Inspectors

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Problems Using NSForms with Gorm Inspectors
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:47:06 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Gebhart, Mark A" <mark.a.gebhart@lmco.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that when I make a change in a text field in a gorm inspector
> the change is not saved, if I change to a different page of the
> inspector using the popup menu and then come back what I just entered is
> gone.

Others have run into this before.   If you didn't hit enter after making the
change in the inspector it's not set into the object.   Next time you come back
it will be gone since the inspector resyncs itself with the object next time
you select the pull down.

> This only applies to the fields which are NSForm objects.  I
> looked at the inspector.gorm files and they have a connection to the
> correct target, but when I type something and then press enter the
> target function is not called.  I tried creating my own application
> using NSForms and this too did not call its taget function.  From what I
> can tell Gorm is making the connection correctly, maybe the problem lies
> with NSForm.  If I replace the NSForms with NSTextFields everything
> works correctly.  Any help would be appreciated.

I will look into this.   This is likely an issue in -gui in the NSForm, as you
said.

> I am running:
> Gorm 0.7.6
> Gui 0.9.2
> Base 1.9.1
> Back 0.9.2
> Make 1.9.1
> Solaris 8
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.