Re: Configuring gnu-gnu-gnu on OSX 10.3.4

From: Thierry DELHAISE
Subject: Re: Configuring gnu-gnu-gnu on OSX 10.3.4
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:53:04 +0200

More test : more infos :

So for the problem here, I've found the problem
Making all in SSL...
Making all for bundle SSL...
 Creating SSL.bundle/powerpc/darwin7/gnu-gnu-gnu...
 Compiling file GSSSLHandle.m ...
gcc: unrecognized option `-no-cpp-precomp'
 Linking bundle SSL ...
gcc: couldn't run `undle-gcc-3.4.1': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [SSL.bundle/powerpc/darwin7/gnu-gnu-gnu/SSL] Error 1
make[1]: *** [SSL.all.bundle.variables] Error 2
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

Any idea ?

In config.log in SSL construct Bundle I've :

configure:3039: checking for des_setkey in -lcipher
configure:3072: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Headers -L/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Libraries///gnu-gnu-gnu -L/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Libraries// conftest.c -lcipher -lssl -lcrypto >&5 /usr/bin/ld: warning -L: directory name (/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Libraries///gnu-gnu-gnu) does not exist /usr/bin/ld: warning -L: directory name (/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Libraries//) does not exist
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lcipher
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3075: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3046 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char des_setkey ();
#ifdef F77_DUMMY_MAIN
#  ifdef __cplusplus
     extern "C"
#  endif
   int F77_DUMMY_MAIN() { return 1; }
#endif
int
main ()
{
des_setkey ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:3092: result: no

libcipher on OSX don't exist. But des_setkey can be found in libSystem.dylib.

So, I think I need to patch configure script etc... I can do the job but :

First I never deal with configure building method, so I will try to do it and send patch when I wil understand how autoconf, automake work.

Second, who is the offcial mainteners of configure script in core/base : may be I will have to discuss with himself to make the patch GNUstep compliant... ;-)

THX in advance for you're help  and you're suggestions.

PS :I will try to add some tests in the main configure script to handle problem's I faced out : dlfcn.h usability, etc.

BeFree (Thierry DELHAISE