Re: Configuring gnu-gnu-gnu on OSX 10.3.4

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Configuring gnu-gnu-gnu on OSX 10.3.4
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 22:25:40 -0600

On Jul 5, 2004, at 4:36 AM, Thierry DELHAISE wrote:

Hi all,

I trying to build gnustep-base on OSX 10.3.4

./configure failed on gnustep/core/base : saying that ffi functionality are not here :

checking ffi.h usability... no
checking ffi.h presence... no
checking for ffi.h... no

Perhaps you could send the config.log file to me?

I 've verified that ffi.h is present in /usr/local/gcc3.4/include.

configure looks for ffi like a normal library, so it assumes ffi.h is somewhere like /usr/local/include. You could try adding this to the configure line:

--with-ffcall-include=/usr/local/gcc3.4/include

(Note: that says ffcall, not ffi, but it's just a hack that should work OK for now...).