Re: GCC compiler note for GNUstep Build Guide

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: GCC compiler note for GNUstep Build Guide
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:00:13 +0200

Sorry, for the late reply, but real life was in the way.
And thank you for your input.

Gerold Rupprecht wrote:
Dear Dennis,
Thanks for your efforts to write the GNUstep Build Guide.

I am trying to use it to get myself up and going with SuSE 9.0 on AMD/Intel. The problem I encountered was the gcc compiler collection that is standard with this distribution does not include the Objective-C compiler. I found this a major obstacle. I would appreciate it if you could add a note on this to your build guide.

Since one of the first versions the GCC part is included, and it is still part of the Appendix section:
http://gnustep.made-it.com/BuildGuide/index.html#GCC

My description is less extensive, since I expect people that are willing to build a new gcc to atleast read some documentation. Maybe I will in a future release add the dejagnu part... maybe not. It all depends on the time available.

Thanks,

Dennis