Re: GCC Steering committee's opinion on ObjC++

From: David Bishop
Subject: Re: GCC Steering committee's opinion on ObjC++
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:20:25 -0600

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 11:32 am, jhclouse@charter.net wrote:
> <<I think it's an acceptable decision, and I expect it to eventually become
> a default language.>>
>
> So long as that does happen, then I guess I'm not worried.  I was primarily
> thinking of casual end-users who might simply want to build an application
> and then find out that their compiler is incomplete.  As much as possible,
> things need to work out of the box.

Well, then the casual user types 'apt-get install gobjc++-3.3'* :-).  Objc is
already split out into a non-default section of most distros, this is just
one more package they'd have to grab, on top of five or six others.

D.A.Bishop

*yes, I know debian is a dirty word around here right now, but it's what I
use...