Re: GSCUPS and GNUstep Printing

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GSCUPS and GNUstep Printing
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:08:58 -0700

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Jun 15, 2004, at 2:43 AM, Chad Hardin wrote:

My first patch will only have the GSLPR.printing bundle. When that works I will start on the GSCUPS.printing.bundle and submit a second patch

Finally, since the Panels for GSCUPS.printing are *much* better than the current GNUstep panels (I have already worked on them), I may use it to improve the GSLPR.printing Bundle's panels.

Sounds great.

One question, if there ever is a Win32.printing Bundle, do you think it would be more proper for it to use Gorm panels or the Win32 API to utilize Window's own version of a printer dialog box? Just curious.

I don't really know. It would be nice to have our own, but we may be forced to use the Windows version...
Framkly the windows printer dialog box is not something you really want to disable/screw with. It has many, many options, and I've never seen a GTK+ app on Windows which doesn't use the default windows print dialog box (except for maybe GIMP).

Windows printing is different enough to justify this IMHO.