Re: spatial finder

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: spatial finder
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:09:23 +0100

> I can't really imagine a situation where I would want to have the same =
> directory opened  as folder (using GW's syntax here) and have two identi=
> cal looking windows... I suppose that the default behaviour, even if not=

Its fine as long as the windows remain responsibe whilst they are open,
but if they dont then you have problems. I do this all the time on Windows
because if you copy a file in or out of a folder window then the window is
unresponsive until such a time as the copy has completed. So if I want to
drag two files into the same direcory simultaneously then I need to
open two copies of the folder window to copy the file into.

Obviously only an issue with copies which take a very long time, but
I find myself doing such copis more often than I might thing - e.g. copy
all the files off these two DVD's into a folder on the network server.
I want to be able to stick both DVD's in the drives, and drag all the files
and then go away and leave it running....

You get the same effect copying big files to and from very slow media such
as Compact Flash too. Takes some time to copy a 512MB Compact Flash card
into the pictures directory,a nd I still want to eb able to get at the
directory whilst the copy is happening...

Caveat: have never used GW so maybe it doesnt suffer from this problem!

-bat.