Re: GNUStep namespace pollution in Debian?

From: Michael Baehr
Subject: Re: GNUStep namespace pollution in Debian?
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:57:02 -0500

<troll>
Ah, Debian politics.  Can't we all just get along and use Arch Linux? :p
</troll>

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:43:04 -0400, Evan Prodromou <evan@debian.org> wrote:

> Let's just say:
>
>       - gnustep-* for packages that are part of GNUstep, or which have
>         "GNUstep" in the name anyways.
>       - *.app for application packages
>       - *.framework for frameworks
>
> Does that work for everyone? Eric, can we write it up as a
> package-naming policy and ship it with gnustep-base or -make or
> something?

In all seriousness, I think that's an intelligent naming scheme, and I
think you should go forward with it.   It also provides a nice way of
distingushing GNUstep apps which is useful for fanboys like myself who
like to install anything with an ".app" prefix in hopes of bloating up
/opt/GNUstep/Local/Applications when they take their daily screenshot
:p

Cheers,

-- Mike