Re: NSKeyedArchive Portability

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSKeyedArchive Portability
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 13:02:15 +0200 (MEST)

> Not sure what's happening here. Moving a file from linux/gnustep to
> osx (same code on both platforms coding and decoding) reports:
>
> 2004-06-10 15:09:36.321 TamsAnalyzer[1129] ***
> -[NSPlaceholderMutableString initWithString:]: nil string (or other)
> argument
>
> when trying to decode an array of strings (which is empty actually).
> Both platforms seem to behave properly on their own, but sharing
> files is problematic.
>
> Is there anything I can do with pretty meager programming skills to
> help decode this muddle?

You could send me the small files from both platforms with the same contents
and I have a look. It surely is as easy as the empty string encoding on
GNUstep being different from that of Cocoa, which should not be to hard to
fix, given a proper example. But remember, up to now my goal has only been
to implement keyed decoding, encoding is still missing or incorrect for most
classes.

Fred