Re: NSProcessInfo is not initialized when debugging

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSProcessInfo is not initialized when debugging
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:52:38 +0100

On 2004-06-03 13:55:24 +0200 Jeff Teunissen <deek@d2dc.net> wrote:

Adam Fedor wrote:

[snip]

I think to be safe, you should only have debug versions of everything
on non-debug versions of everything installed. Not both. Hopefully
this
can be fixed soon, though.

How about just eliminating debug libs?

On debian system, the GNUstep debug libs are available in separate
packages, and we think this is the user who should choose if he wants
to install them or not.
But yes, we can explicitely remove them at build time if better.

I mean from GNUstep, since Debian -dbg lib packages are simply the regular
libs, but unstripped -- which GNUstep debug libs are definitely not.

The change I suggest is for GNUstep -- the elimination of debug libs (and
maybe bins) wholesale, and adding debug symbols to the regular libs.

I don't like that idea ... the debug libraries add all sorts of runtime checks and
the ability to turn on lots of logging to help track down problems.

I would be more sympathetic to the idea of eliminating the non-debug libraries
and retaining the debug ones, but I wouldn't really like that either.