Porting GNUStep Apps to Cocoa

From: Justin Fagnani
Subject: Porting GNUStep Apps to Cocoa
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:14:37 -0700

Hey everyone,

I'm interested in building a Cocoa version of Gorm to run on OS X. I've search for a while today and couldn't find much information about efforts to port GNUStep apps to Cocoa instead of running them through X11.

Has anyone had any success with this?

I tried to dig in a little today, but I had trouble getting the GNUStep additions to build. It looks like the source and project file are out of sync.

Gorm seems to mostly build except for places where it uses GSNibTemplate, or say in GormDocument where it subclasses GSNibContainer. I had though that Gorm didn't use NIBs and used .gorm files instead.

If anyone's working on this, or would like to help me figure out how to do it that'd be great. I'm pretty much a novice with OpenStep/Cocoa/ObjC though.

Thanks,
  -Justin