Extracting from NSImage (NSImageView)

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Extracting from NSImage (NSImageView)
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 21:51:14 +0200

Hi all,

say I have an NSImage with size {1024, 1024 } created from a TIFF or from PDF data. I created an imageView of the same size and composite the image.I would like to create a new image by extracting the rect {100,100, 640, 480} from the imageView I tried to do that with

           NSData *result = [imageView dataWithPDFInsideRect:subFrame];

where subFrame = {100,100, 640, 480}, However, this give me not the portion of the image I requested but the whole image with big white margins. I encounered this behaviour on Cocoa (haven't checked GNUstep so far). Is this a bug in Coco or have I misunderstood the meaning on this method?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas