Re: GNUstep & The Window Manager Problem

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: GNUstep & The Window Manager Problem
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:40:25 +0200

Nicolas Roard wrote:
I don't know about the self-decorate windows state with the current cvs. A few weeks ago it worked with Alex's patch. It's quite nice to have GNUstep libs in control of the
window's rendering (for theming, but also for proxy icons for instance).
The problem though is that you can't move a frozen window -- as the GNUstep app manage itself. So a bug is more annoying than usual. With wmaker it's not _that_ annoying because you could always move a frozen window using keys, but well... and that's the same thing with modal panels -- you can't move the background windows of the app.

A better solution perhaps would be to have the window manager uses the GNUstep code
 to decorate the window. If I remember, Yen ju started a wm using -gui ?..

Yep, it was called StepBox and it did almost work...
If you need the code let me know.

Dennis Leeuw

--
You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.
                        --- Sam Levenson