Re: GNUstep back: won't compile with art support

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep back: won't compile with art support
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:45:46 +0200

Sascha Erni, .rb wrote:
I will give a self-compile a shot. Here's hoping. Ironic thing is, up to yesterday night, I didn't mind lack of art support for GNUstep. Reason: Window Maker didn't have anti-aliased fonts, hence I liked the "common" look of xlib for back and Window Maker (both with no AA, that is). Now, having installed 0.90.0 with AA for Window Maker (cvs), non-anti-aliased GNUstep applications stick out like a Mickey Mouse tie at a funeral.

Until you get the art backend running again you may want to enable AA for the standard xlib backend. To do this just run
defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSFontAntiAlias yes

You may need to reconfigure your fonts, if the Helvetica font is not available as an AA font.

Fred