Re: When should support for the older 2.95.x compilers be deprecated?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: When should support for the older 2.95.x compilers be deprecated?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:55:58 -0600

On Thursday, April 22, 2004, at 06:38 PM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

How many distributions use versions of gcc < 3.0 as their primary compilers?

When should the end-of-life be for these?

I still have it on a Solaris box I have. So at least for the core libraries, I always compile it there just to make sure it works. I don't see any compelling reason not to support it for a while.