Re: Localization in an application

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Localization in an application
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:19:32 -0700

On Mar 25, 2004, at 4:49 PM, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:37:16 -0700
Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:
What about setting the languages via [NSUserDefaults
setUserLanguages:]?
As far as I know that should take effect immediately, as NSBundle
reads the langauge list from NSUserDefaults every time it does
something.

No, because this will set NSLanguages in NSGlobalDomain, not the
application's.

Perhaps you'll have to write your own NSUserDefaults method to do it. I also think there is a bug in +[NSUserDefaults userLanguages] that doesn't properly get the languages if they have been updated.