Re: Darwin - x86 - GNUSTEP

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: Darwin - x86 - GNUSTEP
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:54:53 -0500

Any opinion or experience with that?

GNUstep works.  KDE (apparently, never tried myself) works.

Only on PPC from what I know

Afterstep I
have no experience with however for a NeXT-esque window manager try
WindowMaker...although I seem to remember there's a bug with _XSetLocale
or a similar symbol being unresolved.

Both work well on Darwin-x86, GNU-Darwin has binary packages for that,
as well as GNOME (http://www.gnu-darwin.org)

Can't remember right now but when
I get back to my Darwin PC I'll send some patches to whoever would like

I certainly would like that ! My experiences on 10.3 were mostly frustrating
and I did not have much time to look at this lately

(a DarwinPort file?).

Only PPC again I'm afraid

yves