Distributed Objects: Direct call vs. KVC

From: Philip Mötteli
Subject: Distributed Objects: Direct call vs. KVC
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:27:37 +0100

Hi

I have a proxy of an object, which has a method -aMethod. When I call it directly, I have the following error:

NSInvalidArgumentException: NSDistantObject(instance) does not recognize aMethod

When I call it via KVC ([anObject valueForKey:@"aMethod"]), everything works. Is this, because I have the method -valueForKey: in a protocol? Do I have to define a protocol for every object, for which I call a method over DO? I thought, that when I don't have a protocol defined, I would only have the overhead of one round trip more and not an NSInvalidArgumentException.
If this is not the problem, why this exception?

Thanks for helping me!
Phil