ANN: Ocean sources database

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: ANN: Ocean sources database
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:53:07 +0100

Hi all,

While cleaning up my mailbox there was a lot of stuff concerning GNUstep applications/frameworks and the like. I decided to put them into a little database. Since this information might be handy for others too I decided to release it. The db is available as:
http://ocean.made-it.com/Tools/source-db-0.1.tar.gz

It consists of a per code-piece file that can be read by shell scripts or makefiles and looks like this (the Template is also available in the package):

SOURCE_TYPE=application,tool,bundle,framework,posix
SOURCE_MAINTAINER=
SOURCE_MAINTAINER_EMAIL=
SOURCE_HTTP_HOMEPAGE=
SOURCE_URL_DOWNLOAD=protocol://host:/path/to/file/
SOURCE_FILE=
SOURCE_DESCRIPTION=

Call to developers!!!!
Send in your entry and I will add it. If I have to do it manually it will take longer before your Application, Framework or whatever will be added.

NOTE: note the URL and HTTP syntax! there is a : between the host and the path!

Don't be suprised about the current content of the DB, it's from my current mailbox, which means most programs will not be there and even the most popular ones are missing :(
But I want to spend some time with my girlfriend too this weekend :)

Dennis