Re: building gnustep-base-1.8.0 on Max OS X 10.3.2

From: Andrew Pinski
Subject: Re: building gnustep-base-1.8.0 on Max OS X 10.3.2
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:06:46 -0800

On Mar 17, 2004, at 17:08, Bill Northcott wrote:
I have been having a browse of the gcc cvs and I can see all the work that has been done recently both by Andreas and it seems Apple programmers and others.

Can you suggest a good branch for a snapshot from the cvs which is likely to work well? Would the gcc-3.4 branch be the go? I am bit wary of code which is under such active development because of course at any given moment a snapshot may be broken.

3.4 is better one for libffi as IIRC most of the work done for Darwin PPC support went into the mainline (HEAD) when it was 3.4.0 as now Darwin PPC supports GCJ and
libjava.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

PS. I think GCC 3.4.0 will be release in the next two weeks, maybe three but should be out
within a month so 3.4.0 should be pretty stable.