Re: building gnustep-base-1.8.0 on Max OS X 10.3.2

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: building gnustep-base-1.8.0 on Max OS X 10.3.2
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:08:26 +1100

On 18/03/2004, at 11:07 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
So where can I get up to date and reasonably portable libffi code which will work on Darwin/MacOS X? The last official release is 1.2.

This is an easy one, you can use the one from GCC itself.
The one included in GCC is almost the official one now. I mean almost as there is a movement to get it copyrighted by the FSF so it can be official part of GCC. In fact gcj in GCC uses libffi just fine and there is a nice testsuite in GCC's version
of libffi for it.
Most of the current work done for libffi is being done by Andreas Tobler who also did
the port to PPC darwin.

I have been having a browse of the gcc cvs and I can see all the work that has been done recently both by Andreas and it seems Apple programmers and others.

Can you suggest a good branch for a snapshot from the cvs which is likely to work well? Would the gcc-3.4 branch be the go? I am bit wary of code which is under such active development because of course at any given moment a snapshot may be broken.

Bill Northcott