Re: Compile time options

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Compile time options
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:45:24 -0700

On Mar 13, 2004, at 5:21 PM, Alexander Malmberg wrote:

Let me point to an example:  There's a compile time switch
"BACKEND_BUNDLE" in
NSApplication.m. What does it do? How do you change it via
'./configure'?
There's nothing about it at all in './configure --help'. It's not
referenced
in Documentation.
This probably makes the backend compile as a bundle if it's turned on.
It's probably experimental, but it should probably be a configure
option *looks to Alex M.*

It _is_ a configure option. :)

make$ ./configure --help
--disable-backend-bundle        Compile gui backend as a library

There's also a section about it in make/Documentation/install.texi .

The fact that it's in -make is a bit non-obvious. ISTR that there were
technical reasons (the option has a big effect on how apps are linked),
but from a quick look, I can't see any now, so it might be possible (but
maybe not preferable) to move it to -gui.

It also needs to be set in gnustep-back (but I guess you could document that you need to use the same option in both gui and back).