Re: "dockable" windows

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: "dockable" windows
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 03:23:05 +0100

In article <mailman.2540.1076994591.928.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:

> I actually tried this out on GNUstep, and it *almost* works as is,
> except for an unimplemented selector 'isHidden' (for NSView?) and
> another null selector.

Was it perhaps [NSWindow setAlphaValue: 0.8] that was the other
problematic selector? Since X11 doesn't natively support alpha on
windows, I thought that this might be a likely candidate that doesn't
work. I've conditionalized this call and the one to isHidden now. The
former is really only eye-candy, while checking the latter is not needed
when there aren't any hidden views anyway.

> Sounds like a neat idea though.

If anyone has suggestions for how to make this more intuitive, how to
make it behave in a smarter way, or any other ideas how I'd best expand
upon this, that'd be nice.

The current version now has found permanent residence at:

<http://www.zathras.de/programming/cocoa_stuff.php>

Cheers,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de