#import undeprecation and --enable-import

From: Alex Perez
Subject: #import undeprecation and --enable-import
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:35:22 -0800

Adam,

On Dec 30, 2003, at 7:39 PM, Adam Fedor wrote:
--enable-import just suppresses the warning, if there is one.
Many people still use old compilers, so for them, the warning is appropriate. When they switch to gcc 3.4, gcc will of course no longer give the warning, so the --enable-import option doesn't matter. I'll change the documentation though.

I'd like to propose, again, that we set --enable-import as defualt in -make for GCC versions 3.3.x and below, and if it's 3.4+ we dont, since it's no longer necessary (as #import has been undeprecated). I really don't see the point in warning people who have older versions of GCC about #import when it's no longer deprecated in GCC 3.4, which will be released shortly.

--
Alex Perez
aperez@student.santarosa.edu