Re: [Marketing GNUstep] booklet

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: Re: [Marketing GNUstep] booklet
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:52:37 +0900

Kazunobu Kuriyama wrote:

OK, I see to it.  (It's 8:14 am in Japanese Starndard Time now.)

- Kazunobu Kuriyama

I sent the author an email asking for the permission and am now waiting
for reply.

Also, I found the following note on the author's web gallery:
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/%7Ear5y-ngtk/screen5.htm.

<quote>
Copyright Policy:

All images on Webmaster Gallery are copyright by Yoshi Nagatsuka.

What you cannot do with those images are;

1. Any commercial use.
2. Put them on other online services (Includes personal Web Site).
3. Use them as resources for your artworks.

What you can do with them after my permission are;

1. Use them for environment protection activities.
2. Display them on your personal Web Site with no re-touching
3. Educational use

However, Note that photographies and arts on Guest gallery are
out of my copyright policy.  They are not allowed to be downloaded
for any uses.
<unquote>

On the other hand, I can read the following in the Japanese-written part
corresponding to the above:

<quote>
I can offer some WebMaster Gralley's pictures or CGs without fee if the
usage is confined to: non-profitable environment protection activities,
especially for wheels and orcas, personal-purpose-only-use on web pages,
and educational purposes.  If this is the case, contact me.
<unquote>

Though I'm not sure why there's a discrepancy, he is likely to offer the
picture without fee if he is satisfied with the conditions we offer.
(In my impression, he looks a fairly generous guy.)

According to his profile, he is a professional photographer and engineer,
a Mac lover (he owns X10.2 and X10.3), and his works there were made using
Mac.  One of his works was used on the front page of a Japanese monthly
magaine on Mac.

- Kazunobu Kuriyama